Any problems with *lots* of attributes?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Feb 5 08:46:04 EST 2004

In article <1024d7q40b86r2a at news.supernews.com>,
John Roth <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:

>I believe the memory overhead for dictionaries is 4 times that for
>lists on a per item basis, however both data structures allocate
>extra space so that they don't have to reallocate too frequently
>(a very expensive operation.)

Should be only double; where do you get four times?  (Note that I'm
talking strictly about the dict itself, not the space consumed by the
keys.)

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR