Python vs. Io

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 2 21:25:25 EST 2004

Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:

> Whenever a new, more powerful
> programming language comes out, everybody says it's too flexible.
> Fortran people were saying that about C, C people were saying it about
> C++ and Java, ...

C people were saying that about Java?

Look, you like Io better than Python.  Fine.  You're not going to be
convincing others that you're right by simply repeating it over and over
again.  Io and Python cater to different styles; if your personal style
is more in sync with Io, then so be it.  But someone whose personal
style is more in sync with Python than Io is simply not going to be
swayed by your largely stylistic arguments.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE