rather broad question on data handling

Donald Braman donald.braman at yale.edu
Tue Feb 17 17:04:03 EST 2004

I am wondering what the most efficient way to handle a rather small (about
1000 records) set of data would be. In this data set, each record tracks an
agent over time. Agents move around on a grid and interact when they end up
on top of or next to one another. Each agent has a number of attributes that
determine what these interactions are like.

How would you recommend managing the data: Objects? RDB? Some other way?
Does Python have peculiar strengths I can exploit or weaknesses to avoid in
this area? Any and all advice appreciated.

-DB