removing spaces when mixing variables / text

tgiles tgiles at spam.kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 03:14:18 EST 2004

Hi, all.

I'm YAPN (Yet Another Python Newbie), started messing with it last night
and so far, so good. Documentation exellent and the people seem friendly
enough ;)

Ok, I started playing around with random() and decided to write a script
to generate random dotted quad IP addresses, just to see if I could do it.

Everything is perfect with the glaring exeception of the output. It seems
as if when one uses the "," in a print statement, you get an empty space
in between variables and what I want there (namely, the ".").

I've tried it several different ways with no go. Here's the script in all
her cheesy glory:

import random
	n = 2
	while n > 0:
	a = random.randint(1,254)
	b = random.randint(1,254)
	c = random.randint(1,254)
	d = random.randint(1,254)
	print a,".",b,".",c,".",d
	n = n-1

The output at the moment looks like so:

179 . 72 . 138 . 272
21 . 124 . 83 . 9

When, in a perfect universe it would look like so:

179.72.138.272
21.124.83.9

Thoughts on what critically simple something I missed?

Thanks for the input!

tom