building Python under Services for Unix (SFU)

Mike Maxwell maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu
Mon Feb 23 14:52:14 EST 2004

Rich Krauter <rmkrauter at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.25.1076710025.31398.python-list at python.org>...
> Do you have to use SFU for some reason? If not, try
> cygwin ...

I had moved to SFU from CygWin, thinking there might be an advantage
(speed, NFS access, etc.)  In the end, I decided the disadvantages
(not having a Python that used the unix-style directory structure,
lack of some other utilities I depended on) outweighed whatever
advantages there might be, and reverted to CygWin.

I think the moral of the story for Microsoft is that they have some
work to do to make SFU a competitor.  At least that's my view; I may
be missing something.

    Mike Maxwell