beeline through tkinter

Lonnie Princehouse fnord at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:12:48 EST 2004

"Elaine Jackson" <elainejackson7355 at home.com> wrote in message news:<qj6Xb.476569$JQ1.239547 at pd7tw1no>...
> I'm about to tackle tkinter, but here's the thing: The only kind of GUI I want
> to work on is a chessboard (an 8x8 grid of images that can be "moved around").
> So before I start, I'm asking the room at large: Is there some way of going
> directly to what I'm interested in? Any help will be very much appreciated.
>
> Peace

This isn't quite an answer to your question, but I've got exactly such
a Tkinter chessboard.  It's only half-finished (I have a short
attention span for projects!), but it might give you some ideas:

http://magicpeacefarm.com/lonnie/chessboard.tar.gz

Let me know if you use it for anything interesting =)
It requires the Python Imaging Library (PIL)