strings with moreover of one million of characters

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Feb 18 16:13:29 EST 2004

> From: José Carlos
>
> Is possible use strings with moreover of one million of characters?

Yes. If you have enough memory, which shouldn't be a problem.

> I try using int() but the program keep blocked.

This is a completely separate issue. Presumably you are trying to convert a string which specifies a *very* large integer into a python long (which in 2.3 is done automatically by int).

If you wait a very long time, and you have enough memory, then this should work. But it will take a *very* long time.

After you've done that, try multiplying or dividing by another very large number ...

Tim Delaney