Is there Multi-media support in Python ?

DH no at sp.am
Mon Feb 16 12:57:49 EST 2004

Will wrote:

> Is there multi-media support in Python? So I can...
>
> 1 - play video in all the standard formats... windows & Mac?
> 2 - play flash files
> 3 - Power Point
> 4 - Standard graphic formats
> 5 - Sound in all the standard formats
> 6 - etc
>
> Please note requirements: And, on video's, flash files, Power Point, Graphic
> files, I need to have those show within my programs "window" along with some
> other text... so I need to be able to size the video and locate it in the
> window... so if the program simply pop's up the Windows Media Player or
> QuickTime or whatever as a separate window... no good... it all needs to be
> integrated into a single window along with text and other stuff...
>
> If so, is it in the standard release or has someone created a module just
> for multi-media integration?
>
> Thanks for any help - Will

Not really.  Not like the java media framework or QT4Java.
Someone is working on video playing in python that works on Windows or
Macs but it's still being developed:
http://www2.wcer.wisc.edu/Transana/Develop

Also, in wxPython on Windows only, you can embed Internet Explorer or
other ActiveX objects including the Media Player & Powerpoint I assume.
Run the demo for an example: http://www.wxpython.org/
I guess the easiest thing to do would just be to embed Internet Explorer
and have it load a page that plays the movie or flash file.

Even easier though would just be to make your application a web
application and let the browser be the whole interface.