OT: why do web BBS's and blogs get so slow?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Feb 1 22:36:21 EST 2004

In article <7xk736s7av.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>,
Paul Rubin  <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
>aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
>>
>> Much as I'm loathe to mention it, you might might also want to take a
>> look at LiveJournal to see how they do it.
>
>But LiveJournal is another one of those sites that slows to a crawl
>when loaded.  I want to know how the FAST sites do it.

Considering just how loaded it needs to be before slowing down, and
considering how much processing LJ needs to do to display each page, I'd
have to say that it's pretty damn fast and you can probably learn a lot
from its design.

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR