package similar to XML::Simple

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Feb 10 15:46:26 EST 2004

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
> > Then there are very few XML parsers in the world, if one includes, say,
> > namespaces and validation as part of XML.
>
> Namespaces are clearly *not* part of the XML recommendation (but part
> of the XML namespaces recommendation). Validation is optional in the
> XML recommendation. Character references are not.

See my reply to Brian Q...  I can accept that, but read more into Uche's
objection than he probably meant.  It now seems rather over the top to
write an article lambasting the product for something that would normally
just be considered a simple bug/defect in the software, unless the
maintainers have in effect refused to fix it.

-Peter