beeline through tkinter

Lonnie Princehouse fnord at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 13 22:56:59 EST 2004

"Elaine Jackson" <elainejackson7355 at home.com> wrote in message news:<XtcXb.493232$ts4.254427 at pd7tw3no>...
> "Lonnie Princehouse" <fnord at u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> news:f70e3538.0402131412.6103d116 at posting.google.com...
>
> | This isn't quite an answer to your question, but I've got exactly such
> | a Tkinter chessboard.  It's only half-finished (I have a short
> | attention span for projects!), but it might give you some ideas:
> |
> | http://magicpeacefarm.com/lonnie/chessboard.tar.gz
>
> This won't unzip for me. I get a message that says "Error reading header after
> processing 0 entries".

Ah, the joys of Windows!   I'll put up a zipped version-

http://magicpeacefarm.com/lonnie/chessboard.zip

I've noticed that Windows likes to add another ".tar" when it
downloads tar/gzipped archives, and at least Winzip can't figure it
out.  You can usually fix this by renaming the file to have a
".tar.gz" extension instead of ".tar.gz.tar".  This isn't at all
obvious if you have show-extensions turned off.

-L