How do make a function that creates a sequence of nrandomnumbers?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Feb 18 21:56:49 EST 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:

> > > Thanks, everyone. Also, I'd really like to know how to remove the
> > > lowest number from the sequence.
> > Now this really sounds like homework.
>
> OT, but if you were a teacher assigning homework like this, wouldn't you
> read c.l.p to see which of your students asked the homework questions?  (Or
> at the least, google through the list when the homework is handed in?)

Given that most people, and almost always those posting questions about
homework or how-to-write-spamsoft, either use fake email addresses, or
hide behind cute "handles" and generic web-mail accounts, there's little chance
that a professor will actually be able to match the request with an
actual student, I would think.

-Peter