wxPyAtol

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 04:48:39 EST 2004

>From: Francesco [mailto:scrutinizer at gmx.at]

[... snip announcement of wxPyAtol ...]

>Maybe someone could help me and give me some pointers:
>In the source, it is marked with todo.
>for example to retrieve the imagelist from Windows fileextensions
>self.m_hImageList = windll.shell32.SHGetFileInfo('.txt',
>win32file.FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, byref(shfileinfo),
>sizeof(shfileinfo), dwFlags)
>How can I get this in python?

I'm a little confused. I've run the app, but I can't see
how to invoke the code which uses the CImageList class.
I'm assuming that it would be displayed the image within
a file beside the filename and so on.

You obviously know what you're about with respect to
Win32 Shell functions and so on, and you're obviously
using ctypes (and calldll) already. So which bit is
it that doesn't work? Or what happens when you try?

To answer what I think your question is: there's no
other way in Python at the moment to extract the
image from a file (apart from an insane attempt to
open arbitrary files and look for byte-patterns!).
win32all doesn't wrap SHGetFileInfo, so ctypes / calldll
is your only way.

Can you explain any more?

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk