different string representation (buffer gap)

manders2k manders2k_NOSPAM at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 11:54:35 EST 2004

Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu> wrote in message news:<bvppt5$81a$1 at news.service.uci.edu>...
> My advice: find some pre-existing editor component and adapt it to suit
> your needs.  Writing an editor component, whether it be for a GUI or
> console, is a pain in the ass.

:-)  It might be a pain in the ass, but it sounds like the most
edifying (and probably the most fun) part of the process to me.

Reading up on what's involved, getting a basic editor put together
sounds actually quite easy.  A few tens of hours of work, maybe.
Making the editor feature-rich, extending it in a substantial way,
well doesn't sound hard just work-intensive.

Thanks for the pointers though...