XML Parsing

Andrew Clover and-google at doxdesk.com
Tue Feb 17 07:00:46 EST 2004

Chris Herborth <chrish at cryptocard.com> wrote:

> Ain't standards great? ;-)

Heh. Quite so, although to be fair cDomlette and FtMiniDom don't actually
claim to be full DOM implementations.

It was frustration with this rather uneven state of affairs that led me
to roll my own. Speaking of which, I'm happy to announce that pxdom
1.0 [final] has been released:

  http://www.doxdesk.com/software/py/pxdom.html

This implements the February 2004 Proposed Recommendations for DOM Level
3 Core/XML and Load/Save completely (except for the optional external
entity support, which will be coming in 1.1 [beta], and optional DTD
validation, which is unlikely to happen any time soon I'm afraid.)

Hurrah!

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com