Problem removing win32all (163)

Gerd Suppan gerd.suppan at web.de
Wed Feb 11 15:08:42 EST 2004

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:

>>From: Stéphane Ninin
>>Problem is, when I want to unistall it,
>>a window appears "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file"...
>>and unistallation stops.
>>
>>Is there a clean way to remove the package ?
>>Which directories, registry settings, must be cleaned ?
>
> Since it's a WISE installer, it's probably quite possible to (assuming default Python 2.3 install):
> cd C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages
> UnWisePW32.exe W32INST.LOG
> This should do it.
> Tim Delaney

Same problem here removing v1.63 before installing v2.0.
And UnWisePW32.exe fails, because no W32INST.LOG could be found:-(

Fortunately i found the missing W32INST.LOG in a temporary directory
named as "GLG140.TMP" utilizing the systems search function (scanning
all files of my windows system volume for the text fragment "Python
Win32 extensions Installation":-)

Moved the renamed file to it´s correct place and voila!
Just check it out...

HTH
Gerd