communicating with Java (from Python)

Duncan Grisby duncan-news at grisby.org
Wed Feb 11 05:32:35 EST 2004

In article <c0a1tu$vue$1 at hyppo.gu.net>,
 Max Ischenko  <max at ucmg.com.ua.remove.it> wrote:

>I want to communicate my Python application with the Java one.
>The most obvious choice is XML-RPC, but ... I wonder about something
>more pythonic and powerful, like pyro.

Depending on how complex your problem is, CORBA may be a sensible
choice. If your communication needs map easily to XML-RPC, I'd go with
that. On the other hand, if you find yourself having to explicitly
manage lots of state, to make up for the lack of objects in an RPC
system, CORBA is a good choice. It is a full object oriented system
like pyro, just standardised and cross platform.

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
 -- Duncan Grisby         --