JPG - PNG conversion problem

Raaijmakers, Vincent (GE Infrastructure) Vincent.Raaijmakers at ge.com
Tue Feb 3 15:57:06 EST 2004

The 64k is measured as a size in memory, not on disk

This is how I measured the size:
blob = Blob()
image = Image("foo.jpg")
image.magick = "PNG"
image.depth = 8
image.write(blob)
print size(blob.data)

In my case, the data has to be "streamed" to another desktop, for that reason I use Blob here.
(Actualy, when I write the image to disk, still the same size...)

Why PNG....., I have to. The application that needs my processed images only accepts PNG. No control over that.
I know, pretty poor, but that is just the fact.

So my hope is that the way how I do the coversion in Magick is wrong. Just hoping for someone who discovered the same issue and knows the solution!

Vincent