Converting binaty to ascii

Angelo Secchi secchi at sssup.it
Thu Feb 19 03:48:13 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:49:10 -0800
Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:

> Angelo Secchi <secchi at sssup.it> wrote:
> >
> >Any suggestions on what is the right approach to solve the problem of
> >converting a database in binary format to an ASCII format?
>
> That's not nearly enough information.  What kind of database?  Some
> proprietary thing, or something more-or-less standard?  Does it have
> fields?  Can you describe them?  What do you want the resulting file
> to looks like?

Actually I think is more-or-less standard. The only detailed info I have
 is a so called "tracciato record" (may be "record track" in English)
in which there is a precise description of "what is where" and how
long (I do not know precisely the unit of measure...sorry for my
ignorance) the field is but no info about format.
I was trying to use the struct module but it was not clear to me how to
do that (suggestion where I can find more help and may be examples on
this module?).

Thanks  Angelo

> Give us details and I'm sure someone will be happy to help you with
> this.--
> - Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
>   Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
> --

 Angelo Secchi                     PGP Key ID:EA280337
  Current Position:
  Graduate Fellow Scuola Superiore S.Anna
  Piazza Martiri della Liberta' 33, Pisa, 56127 Italy
  ph.: +39 050 883365
  email: secchi at sssup.it