Python as a teaching (visualization) tool

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Fri Feb 13 18:11:55 EST 2004

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

>>I don't mind building my own tools from rough building blocks,
>>but I'm going to watch for tools that would be more appropriate
>>for classroom presentations.  I welcome suggestions.

>Cool!  Gonna be at PyCon?

DC?!  Uh...no.

>There should be lots of opportunities for
>discussions like this there.

Yeah, it's tempting.  I am certainly feeling the urge to once again
be in the physical presence of lots of Python people but it's not
enough to get me to go to DC.

Perhaps I'll head out West to the O'Reilly Open Source Conference
this year.
	http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2004/
I see that Python 12 is part of it.  Yes, that would be a nice way
to spend my birthday.  See you there?

I still hope that people will point out solutions here, of course.
(I was half expecting someone to say something along the lines of
"Why didn't you just pull up PyXXX, create a new window, and send
it the Hough_transform() message?")

--kyler