Having trouble extracting useful directory details from ftplib.FTP

Stephen Horne steve at ninereeds.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 01:19:10 EST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:42:59 GMT, "Paul McGuire"
<ptmcg at austin.stopthespam_rr.com> wrote:

>"Stephen Horne" <steve at ninereeds.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:etle3058fkbe7k2mrf6jlucuj929ns7tju at 4ax.com...
>>
>> Just recently I decided I want to make use of my ISP freebie webspace.
>> In order to make that easier, I'd like to be able to automatically
>> synchronise an FTP file/folder heirarchy with one on my local hard
>> drive. I figured this should be easily handled in Python, and broadly
>> speaking it is, but I am having a little difficulty.
>>
><snip>
>Is this anything like ftpmirror.py?  You'll find it in the tools\scripts
>directory of the Python distribution.

Thanks.

It's the exact reverse of what I want (it mirrors from the server to
the local disk, I want to mirror from the disk to the server) but it
is extremely clueful - the way it assumes a standard (unix oriented)
format for the listing unless a Mac server option is specified tells
me precisely what I need to know.

--
Steve Horne