Looking for a DB for object persistance...

Francois Meehan fmml at cedval.org
Thu Feb 5 19:40:12 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am looking for a small DB solution for object persistence (mostly
shelve object).

I need it to:

Works both in Linux and windoze
Server independent (no Mysql or the like)
Allow simultaneous access by multiple process for read/write operations.
Be able to hold lots of data (close to a gig)

I tough Berkeley DB with bsddb3 would be the ticket, but I could not
make sense of the installation instructions for win32, no mention of
python.

I am considering Zodb3, but did not find info for simultaneous access
capability.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance,

Francois Meehan