DOM with EntityReference support?

Chris Herborth chrish at cryptocard.com
Fri Feb 6 11:07:36 EST 2004

Has anyone written a parser for use with PyXML 0.8.3 that produces a DOM
with EntityReference objects?  The only one I've found seems to be
xml.dom.javadom, and Andrew Clover's pxdom (which doesn't support external
entities).

Specifically, the features I'm looking for:

- validation against an external DTD
- produces EntityReference objects instead of inserted the entity's
   replacement text
- DOM level 2, give or take ;-)

Any clues greatly appreciated; I really don't want to move this application
to Java just because I couldn't find a DOM that did what I needed.

Thanks!

Chris Herborth                                     chrish at cryptocard.com
Documentation Overlord, CRYPTOCard Corp.      http://www.cryptocard.com/
Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist.