Pure Python HTTPS Server

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Feb 27 21:23:38 EST 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:01:08 -0800,
	Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:
> I'm a little fuzzy about asynch stuff.  I don't think I can emulate a
> file-descriptor to make it work with select().  What about an interface
> where you can say "get any available bytes", with no blocking?  Is that on
> the right track?

The hard part is really the initial negotiation, which has to be
interruptible in order to avoid making the entire server hang if a client
disappears during the initial exchange of packets.

> Are you and Paul still looking at adding ciphers to stdlib?  That would
> make me really, really happy :-)....

No, unfortunately; the python-dev consensus was that encryption raised
export control issues, and the existing rotor module is now on its way to
being removed.

--amk