Produce anti-noise

Diez B. Roggisch deets_noospaam at web.de
Mon Feb 2 19:17:05 EST 2004

> Hmm.  You can buy a $200 set of bose headphones that do it with a simple
> chip and low power.
> I think a regular PC could do this (so long as you know the equations) by
> brute force.  You'd probably want to use signal processing libraries
> rather than pure Python, though.

I'm no acoustics expert, so I'm sort on the speculative side here. But I
described a different scenario: speakers _not_ attached close to your ear.
Then the room accoustics and the place of reception have to be taken into
account. Otherwise, the signal that reaches your ear would have shifts and
other artifacts.

OTOH, when you wear headphones, the scenario seems much simpler, as you then
can detect and produce the appropriate sounds close to the ear. This seem
to be easier.

So, it depends on what the OP had in mind.

Regards,

Diez