Learning Python on jEdit

Ray rtjoseph at ev1.net
Tue Feb 24 22:02:04 EST 2004

David,

Thanks for all the details, I have a few questions.

You mentioned that jEdit is not Python specific and that others may be
more appropriate for learning.  Later, you addressed how to get jEdit
to recognize Python.  Are you saying that even with the Python
plug-ins and options, the Python only IDEs would be better for
learning?

I looked at PyShell and Pythonwin.  The documentation says that
Pythonwin was designed for MFC.  I found no mention to MFC.  What's up
with MFC and how relevent is it?

Ray