distutils possibilities

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Sat Feb 14 06:29:13 EST 2004

On 14 Feb 2004 02:57:43 -0800, Sridhar R <sridharinfinity at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I learnt that distutils can be used to package python modules and
> packages.  Fine it does that well.
>
> Suppose I am writing an python application (not package or module),
> and suppose that I am using Linux.  Where should I install the python
> source files and bin scripts and data in my /usr directory?

I believe the Debian people have faced a similar problem, with distutils
versus their packaging procedure and file system standards. Google their
mailing lists for some thoughts on the matter (in case of no reply here).

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@      ''If All Men Were Brothers,
\X/                algonet.se>    Would You Let One Marry Your Sister?''