Listbox and Hashtable troubles

wes weston wweston at att.net
Thu Feb 19 12:58:29 EST 2004

Katie,
    See
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x5453-patterns.htm

"You can also use a listbox to represent arbitrary Python objects. In
the next example, we assume that the input data is represented as a list
of tuples, where the first item in each tuple is the string to display
in the list. For example, you could display a dictionary by using the
items method to get such a list.

     self.lb.delete(0, END) # clear
     for key, value in data:
         self.lb.insert(END, key)
     self.data = data

When querying the list, simply fetch the items indexed by the selection
list:

     items = self.lb.curselection()
     try:
         items = map(string.atoi, items)
     except ValueError: pass
     items = map(lambda i,d=self.data: d[i], items)"