Custom operator

Nuff Said nuffsaid at phreaker.net
Fri Feb 6 09:48:17 EST 2004

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 07:56:28 +0100, mathias.foehr wrote:

> I want to define new operators because mathematicians use special operators (
>          eg circle plus (+), circle times (*), arrows ->
> ) since centuries. It increases readability in this area and people have
> got used to it.

But there are so many of them ... :-)

Mathematicians are e.g. also used to LaTeX terminology for
writing their papers; so it might be a better approach to
define a set of functions, classes, methods etc. using names
from LaTeX (instead of trying to add 'real' new operators to
Python).

Moreover: observe, that e.g. oplus (+) has different meanings
(depending on what area of maths you are working in). The same
holds for almost all operators.

HTH / Nuff