newbie with a gui question

marvin scary at movie.com
Wed Feb 4 03:17:01 EST 2004

"niekko" <akniekko at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1020nse8569lr70 at corp.supernews.com...
> I wrote a program for a class and now have to
> make a gui for it.  I've done several hours of
> research and am stuck.  Can someone point me
> in the right direction, please????
>
> Here's the original program..
>

> #Petty_Cash.py
> from Tkinter import *
> import time
> import string
>
> true = 1
> false = 0
>
> class Petty_Cash:
>     def __init__(self, initial):
>         self.balance = initial
>         print "Account created.  Your beginning balance is", "$",
> self.balance
>         print time.ctime()
>
>     def deposit(self, amt):
>         self.balance = self.balance + amt
>         print "$", + amt, "has been deposited to your account."
>         print "Your new balance is", self.balance
>         print time.ctime()
>
>     def withdraw(self, amt):
>         if self.balance >= amt:
>             self.balance = self.balance - amt
>             print "$",- amt, "has been withdrawn from your account."
>             print "Your new balance is", "$", self.balance
>             print time.ctime()
>         else:
>             print "Insufficient funds in account to withdraw", "$", amt
>             print "Please ensure sufficient funds exist for withdrawl
> amount"
>             print "Your current balance is", "$", self.balance
>             print time.ctime()
>
>     def getbalance(self):
>         print time.ctime()
>         return self.balance

hi-
why not give this a try.  i never tried it myself.
it claims to be really easy ...function
driven.  .  what the hell is lamda anyways?
sounds like some kind of greek organization.

http://www.ferg.org/easygui/index.html

if this is a series of programs that you will be doing
and fancy events are going to be needed you will have to look
at something like tkinter or wxpython when it gets more
advanced.

this class is interesting.

we had an exercise with an elevator.  our teacher said if we made
an error we'd send the elevator through the roof like the cartoons :-)

have fun!

later,
marvin