Custom operator

mathias.foehr at mails.lu mathias.foehr at mails.lu
Fri Feb 6 01:56:28 EST 2004

I want to define new operators because mathematicians use special operators (
         eg circle plus (+), circle times (*), arrows ->
) since centuries. It increases readability in this area and people have
got used to it.

By the way, are there hooks in python to preprocess a statement before the
python compiler
takes care of it?

Mathias

At 11:07 PM 5/2/2004 +0100, Gerrit wrote:
>mathias wrote:
> > I would like to define a custom operator in Python.
> > (It is not about overloading an existing operator but about
> > defining special new operators)
>
>You cannot define new syntax in Python.
>
>This is on purpose, Python would be a different language if it could.
>"import this"
>
>Why do you want it?
>
>Gerrit.
>
>--
>PrePEP: Builtin path type
>     http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/creaties/path/pep-xxxx.html
>Asperger's Syndrome - a personal approach:
>         http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/english/

Mathias Foehr et Béatrice Gennart
69a, route de Kreuzerbuch
L-8370 Hobscheid