wxPython documentation

Ronald Oussoren oussoren at cistron.nl
Mon Feb 2 03:50:10 EST 2004

On 1-feb-04, at 10:47, Richard James wrote:

> "Olivier" <olivier.marechal at laposte.net> wrote in message
> news:<401c25a3$0$11357$636a55ce at news.free.fr>...
>> Where could I find a good documentation about wxPython (a
>> documentation
>> which is not for C++ !!!)
>>
>> Olivier
>
> If C++ docs are "easy" to convert in your head to Python.
> It does help if YOU KNOW how to program C++ first.
> So much for learning Python as a first computer language!
> And if you have to learn C++ first, then why do you need Python?
>
> Why do all programmers seem to think good documention is optional?
> Or an exercise left to the reader?

Another reason why wxPython has no seperate documentation is probably
that "translating" the C++ oriented documentation is a major effort
(there is a lot of documentation) and there is only a small team
working on wxPython. Because the existing documentation is usuable
enough it is understandable that they choose to work on improving
wxPython instead of translating the existing documentation.

The same issue can be seen with wrappers for other large libraries.

Ronald