How does Ruby compare to Python?? How good is DESIGN of Ruby compared to Python?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Feb 27 08:42:42 EST 2004

On 27 Feb 2004 10:36:39 +0200,
	Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> wrote:
> If you are jonesing for a new language to play with, you could as well
> play with Lisp. At least you would learn something new.

That's pretty much my reaction to Ruby, too.  It's kind of neat, and if I
was a Perl person I'd go use Ruby instead of waiting for Perl 6, but it
isn't so different from the existing scripting languages.  If your interest
is in learning new ways of programming that turn your head around, you'd
need to look farther afield (Haskell, ML, Lisp, etc.).

--amk