Interaction with two mouse

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Fri Feb 6 12:28:17 EST 2004

> Hi to everybody,
> I have an hard question:
> I want to use two indipendent mouse with my application.
> How can I implement this?

Good question.  On windows platforms, windows automatically multiplexes
the movement of two (or more) mice into a single movement.  If you have
two mice in windows, and move them in exact opposite directions, your
cursor won't move.

I have a feeling that linux, or really any other system that /can/
handle multiple mice do the same thing.

This may suggest that it is an operating system architectural limitation
because no one wanted to answer the question, what would it mean for two
mouse pointers to be wandering around the screen?

  - Josiah