Is there Multi-media support in Python ?

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Tue Feb 17 20:14:52 EST 2004

Will wrote:

> Is there multi-media support in Python? So I can...
>
> 1 - play video in all the standard formats... windows & Mac?
> 2 - play flash files
> 3 - Power Point
> 4 - Standard graphic formats
> 5 - Sound in all the standard formats
> 6 - etc

Python is a programming language. All it does is computations. Python
can be embedded into environments that can do more than computations.
e.g. you can embed it into a Windows MFC window or a Pygame application
or a Macintosh Carbon application. In each environment you will get a
different mix of features.

If you tell us your operating system we can tell you what environment
you might want to embed Python in with all of these capabilities. Python
itself has a lot less to do with it than the GUI you are using Python
within.

  Paul Prescod