hide sourcecode

A. Lloyd Flanagan alloydflanagan at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 17:17:03 EST 2004

"Mark Buch" <mark.buch at ewetel.net> wrote in message news:<bvtm5f$pgq$00$1 at news.t-online.com>...
> Hi, is it possible to protect the python sourcecode?
> I have a nice little script and i dont want to show everbody the source.
>
> Im using python on a windows pc.
>
> Thank you - Mark

This comes up every once in a while.  If you want to hide your source,
python is probably a bad choice of language -- it's designed to be
easy to understand, and you can probably decompile the byte-code
pretty easily.

Have you considered Perl?  The advantage of Perl is, you could share
the source code with anybody you wanted, and be perfectly safe.  You
can easily write Perl code that makes no sense at all to anyone but
you  :)