Parsing library for Python?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Feb 24 02:37:19 EST 2004

"Edward C. Jones" <edcjones at erols.com> wrote:

>When looking for a parser generator, I think it is important that full
>grammars be provided for at least C and Python and preferably for C++,
>Java, and FORTRAN.

Are you kidding with this?  I can't tell.

C, C++, and Fortran are parsing nightmares, where end-of-line and spacing
are important sometimes and ignored at other times, and so on.

I expect to find the canonical desk calculator example, and perhaps a
Pascal-based language, but any more than that is asking a bit much from all
but the most mature parser generators.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.