Python as replacement for PHP?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Feb 27 22:49:03 EST 2004

In article <c1oio8$rfc$1 at solaris.cc.vt.edu>,
Bart Nessux  <bart_nessux at hotmail.com> wrote:
			.
>Sorry, I disagree. As a business decision, it does border on stupidity. Why
>contemplate doing something with Python that would be tedious and difficult
>at best when PHP can do this task easily and quickly??? From a business
>(read practical point of view) it's stupid. From a religious (Mac fanatic
>like point of view), it makes sense.
>
>The OP spoke of a DB driven dynamic Web site. One cannot think of such a
>thing without naturally thinking of PHP... python should not even come to
>mind for this task. Backend/server-side processing, sure, but not on the
>frontend. Use the RIGHT tool for the job. Python isn't the right tool here.

Shall we get out our dueling authorities?  AOL thinks
AOLserver is ideal for database-backed Web pages.  NATO,
Viacom, and the AARP use Zope.  IMDB uses mod_perl.  And
so on.  It's more than I can handle to believe that all
of these developments were tedious and difficult, and
would all have been easy and quick if only switched to
PHP.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net