problems with using the Compiler module

stephene at sjsoft.com stephene at sjsoft.com
Sat Feb 21 09:14:10 EST 2004

Hi

I am wanting to create a simple code inspector and the Compiler module
seems to be a good starting point. However there seems to be either a
problem with the module, or with the way that I'm using it.

once I get the AST, I want to traverse the tree pulling out certain
information. For this I wanted to use node.getType() to deal with a
specific type of node correctly.

But all that node.getType() ever returns is None. Is this method
depreciated? If not then why will it only return None?

Also, does anyone know of any extensions to the Compiler module to simplify
certain actions, such as searching for all functions called within a
function?

Thanks for any help
Stephen Emslie

http://mail2web.com/ .