Python HTML Documentation Generators

Mikey At Work itsmikeytime at yahooNOSPAM.com
Tue Feb 24 11:09:08 EST 2004

I'm looking for opinions on the several HTML documentation generators
available for Python.  We're trying to standardize the documentaion used for
an upcoming project.  Specifically, I'm looking for something very similar
to Javadoc in both output and syntax (because most of our team members are
very familiar with Javadoc).

I've pretty much narrowed it to either PythonDoc or epydoc, but wanted to
ask the newsgroup's opinion before making a final decision.  Any experiences
(good or bad) with either of these programs?  What are your opinions on
documentation through docstrings vs documentation through comments?  Thanks
in advance.

--
Mike