Python as replacement for PHP?

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Fri Feb 27 20:11:20 EST 2004

>     So, I'm hoping there are some people out there that actually have some
> expereience with both Python & PHP and can give me some solid, informed
> advice about PHP vs. Python,

My approach is to use PHP with the Smarty templating system for the
web front end.  All program logic and "heavy" lifting (and even
the light lifting) is done by a backend Python program accessed
via XML-RPC.  That lets me use each language for what it is best
and most productive at.

Testing is easier since you can do it via XML-RPC.

Roger