OT: Recommended news reader?

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Fri Feb 6 13:13:43 EST 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 01:04:07PM -0500, Nick Vargish wrote:
> Jp Calderone <exarkun at intarweb.us> writes:
>
> >   The IMAP support in Thunderbird is atrocious.
>
> Really? How so? I've been using it with a courier-imap server quite
> happily. It also seems to talk to the Exchange server at work without
> a complaint (nice not to have to use Outlook).

  Slow (unnecessarily so), half broken on certain empty mailboxes,
improperly handles newlines in certain cases, doesn't support IDLE (changes
to the mailbox won't be noticed until long after they are made in most
cases), plus a lot of other nasty annoyances that aren't directly visible to
users (tries to create mailboxes that already exist all the time, issues
many, many, many more LIST commands than it needs to, etc).

  Jp