Python Productivity Gain?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Feb 18 10:40:50 EST 2004

In article <36w7jykjvk8.fsf at goya03.ti.uni-mannheim.de>,
Matthias  <no at spam.pls> wrote:
			.
>My posting was not against creators of new languages, tools,
>methodologies but against publishing strong and general claims on the
>potential benefits without having to offer the slightest piece of
>unbiased evidence.
>
>Some questions concerning programming languages debated on usenet
>almost endlessly (typing, garbage collection, syntax issues) could be
>_resolved_ using lab experiments.  That there goes so much effort into
>marketing and apparently only little into actual experiments is what I
>criticize.

Me, too!  That is, experiments to resolve questions about
garbage collection and so on intrigue me, and I keep push-
ing myself to design ways to cut the cost of their
resolution.  I am quite impatient with all the marketing
dissipation.  I applaud your clear denunciation of unsub-
stantiated claims.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net