how to pass scripts to python -c

Guillermo Fernandez Castellanos guillermo.fernandez at epfl.ch
Mon Feb 9 06:45:12 EST 2004

As I understood your question, you want to pass information to your python
program from your command line.

Like:
python pycat.py < file.txt
Or:
python pycat.py file1.txt file2.txt
Or:
cat file1 file2 | python pycat.py
Or:
python pycat.py
(in this last case you write what you want and must push Crt-D to make what you
wrote echoed to the terminal, and you can start again).

You can do this with the library fileinput.

This is a sample code that works and do what you expect from the last examples.
It's a very simple cat program:

#### pycat.py ####
import fileinput
if __name__=='__main__':