hide sourcecode

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Thu Feb 5 11:07:43 EST 2004

> Hi, is it possible to protect the python sourcecode?
> I have a nice little script and i dont want to show everbody the source.
>
> Im using python on a windows pc.

Compile the .py file into bytecode (.pyc).  That .pyc file will only be
usable on platforms with the same x.y version of Python as you.

Remember that .pyc files suffer from the same decompilation
vulnerabilities as any other programming language (which is why there
exists software cracks).  If someone wants to know what you are doing,
they will.

  - Josiah

P.S. What kind of script do you have that you want to hide from prying eyes?