Understanding CHMOD

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Fri Feb 13 04:09:44 EST 2004

On 13 Feb 2004 00:55:30 -0800, Fuzzyman wrote:
> Ok.... so I might be a windoze user trying to program CGIs for a Linux
> server.... but Python doesn't seem to go out of it's way to make
> understanding file attributes difficult. The python manual is
> appalling in this are a :-(

The library reference seems to detail all the points that were confusing
you.  The documentation for the 'stat' module in particular seems pretty
explicit:

    <http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-stat.html>

--
 \           "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their |
  `\          home."  -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of |