Python vs. Io

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Mon Feb 2 16:10:08 EST 2004

"Paul Prescod" <paul at prescod.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.1110.1075672228.12720.python-list at python.org...
> First, if I had invented Python I would not have bothered to buck the
> trend of using curly braces.

I suppose I am hardly anyone else, since that it exactly what
attracted me to Python. In fact, I will take partial responsibility
for the indentaion syntax in IBM's ISPF mini-language - it's a
preferance of long standing with me.

Now that I actually have a significant language using them, I
can see that there are a couple of things they make more
difficult, statement syntax embedded within expressions being
one. The other is a rather esoteric issue with clauses like
elif, else and except.

John Roth