passing what a function returns to another function

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Sun Feb 8 01:36:53 EST 2004

>         # hmmm, this looks like a Denial of Service attack to me...
>         # haven't you got something better to do with your time,
>         # like maybe writing a natural language parser or something
>         # useful and challenging?
>         f = urlopen(url)

Tee hee.

On the one hand, I'm not terribly worried that his 'DDOS' software will
get too far.  Considering that it requires the python runtime, and a few
other misc libraries, we are talking 1-2 megs per version.

Maybe he read the recent NY Times article on virus/worm writers and
wanted to be all 31337.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/08/magazine/08WORMS.html?adxnnl=1&pagewanted=1

  - Josiah