using CGIHTTPserver to test html forms

William D. Gill wmgill at gcgroup.net
Mon Feb 23 10:07:36 EST 2004

I use a notebook (win 98) because of its portability.  Unfortunately it is
very slow.  When I try to develop and test python cgi scripts I use Xitami
as a local server, but with python, Xitami, and my text editor running it
becomes next to impossible to work.  The keyboard and mouse are slowed to
painful levels.  Actual execution of the webpage/script is tolerable, but to
edit I have to stop the server.  I was wondering if using CGIHTTPserver
would be a better solution and if anyone can give me an example script
(simple enough for a newbie).  Every reference I see to CGIHTTPserver says
it's good for testing your web forms, but they don't show me how.

Thanks

Bill