py2exe 0.5 and multiple utilities

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Feb 10 10:31:39 EST 2004

miki.tebeka at zoran.com (Miki Tebeka) writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I'd like to create several utilities with py2exe and place them all in
> the same directory.
> However for each utility py2exe creates a different library.zip.

You can rename library.zip into something else for each utility.

> Any ideas on how to overcome this problem? (Placing all in the same
> setup.py is not an option).

Why not?

If it's really not possible (for reasons I cannot imagine), as py2exe is
distutils-derived, you can do anything with subclasses ;-).

Maybe make a subclass of build_exe which will add files into
library.zip, instead of creating a new one each time.

Thomas